With the introduction of robotic pool cleaners in the market, pool makers have come up with various innovations that make your pool cleaning experience hassle-free and productive. While your automatic devices have been put to work in the pool, you could simultaneously utilize your free time to focus on other commitments.
Leading up to this point, the many variations of pool cleaners have paved the way for Polaris Vac-sweep 360, which is a more durable and efficient version of its predecessors. The external casing and the internal protective functioning of specific parts of the device, furnish a longer shelf-life on an everyday basis. Thereby, significantly reducing the need for costly repairs and undue visits to an authorized service center for the pool cleaner.
The fact of the matter is that the popularity of Polaris 360 does not simply depend on or arise from the reputed image of its maker, the product delivers a thorough and reliable service that genuinely makes it beloved among the consumers.
A closer look at the functionality of Polaris 360 will help you decide whether this is the right product for you or not.
Polaris Vac-sweep 360 Specifications
- Dimensions: 20 x 10 x 22.75in
- Weight: 62lbs
- Type: Pressure-side
- Pool Type: In-ground; suitable for all surface materials
- Thrust Jets: 3 Venturi jets
- Drive Mechanism: All-wheel Belt Drive
- Vacuum Inlet: 21/4” with a 31 feet feed hose
- Debris Bag: Single chamber
- Tires: Available in Classic and Positrax models
- Auto Backup available
- No additional Booster Pump required
- Warranty: 1-year Manufacturer’s Warranty
Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 Features
Fine cleaning on a daily basis
The Polaris 360 is a treat to watch in action.
Easy to establish and compatible with the pool system pressure line, this pressure-side pool cleaner roams every type of pool floor surface, efficiently filtering, scrubbing, vacuuming, storing, and disposing of debris like leaves or nuts.
Calculated efficiency even without the aid of a Booster Pump
Featuring advanced technology, the Polaris 360 works on the pressure of the circulating water in your pool. Equipped with a 21/4” vacuum inlet tube and requiring a minimum flow rate of 150l every minute, this boosterless pool cleaner works better than a device equipped with a Booster Pump.
An automatic Back-up valve for superior performance
The in-line back-up valve proves invaluable in determining the quality of the cleaning provided by the Polaris vac sweep 360.
It backs up the device, keeping it out of tight corners, thereby making sure the whole process can be completed without any external intervention or interruptions. Its 31/2 minute cycle also ensures a random cleaning pattern that the device follows to enhance the cleanliness all around.
A wider Throat Intake with a 21/4’’ Vacuum Inlet
The presence of a wider vacuum inlet provides a better solution to the deposition of larger debris from the pool floor. The powerful suction pulls in acorns, pebbles, and nuts filtering and storing them in a debris bag for easy disposal later.
Power supply by the triple Venturi Jets
The Polaris 360 is a work of art and convenience since it does not possess any additional motor or booster for its functioning. Relying on the pressure line of your pool system, the three Venturi Jets ensure the device gets all the power it needs for a productive cleaning service of your pool.
The continuous filtration and elimination of contaminants of the circulating water happen alongside the scrubbing and vacuuming of the walls, floor, and sides of your pool.
Reliable Filtration system
The unique filtration system seen in Polaris pool cleaners efficiently prolongs the life of your device and its proper functioning. Equipped with a single chamber Debris bag, the debris, small and large, are filtered and deposited in the said debris bag making sure no grit reaches the inner functioning parts of the device.
The Belt-drive Mechanism makes for a worthy Investment
Moving on from the use of a Shaft-driven mechanism, the Polaris vac sweep 360 incorporates the Belt-drive mechanism that calls for efficiency and fewer moving parts.
This translates to reduced upkeep of the wear and tear of said moving parts, enabling you to make more savings on unwarranted repair services. Replacement of the worn belts comparatively costs less than outrightly replacing the entire shaft mechanism.
Compatible Tires for all pool floor surfaces
The Polaris 360 comes equipped with a Classic three-wheel-tire design, allowing greater ease of movement underwater. Swerving and maneuvering around and over the steps or contours of your pool design becomes easy given the ease of accessibility the wheel alignment provides.
Accordingly, the Positrax tire cover can be customized to suit the floor surface of pools like polished surfaces, tiled and fiberglass floors.
Enabling a greater reach for all size pools
The Feed hose that comes in a standard 31 feet size enables the Polaris 360 to reach the farthest corner of your pool. That said, if needed the size can either be extended or cut short, depending on your requirements.
Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness with the Tail-sweep function
The Polaris vac sweep 360 is a set package that delivers high on efficient cleaning, comes compatible with the ‘tail-sweep’ function. This operation sweeps the floor from the tail-end as the bot keeps progressing forward, scrubbing and vacuuming the floors, hence providing a double clean-up service for a pleasantly clean pool.
Complimentary Model available
Polaris 360 can also be availed in a Black Max Model that compliments darker floored pools.
Pro’s of Polaris Vac-Sweep 360
- A product of a highly reputed pool equipment manufacturer
- Durability in the building design
- Availability of spare parts, not an issue
- Easy to install and operate
- Worth the investment
- Belt-driven Mechanism reduces repair costs
- Three jet nozzles replace the booster pump for functioning power
- Advanced technology utilization ensures efficient and quality services in pool cleaning
Con’s of Polaris Vac-Sweep 360
- Pool stairs are not cleaned effectively
- The hose feed falls short in length at times
- The overall price is on the expensive side
- Regular and rigorous maintenance is required
- Purchasing spare parts also burns a hole in your pocket
- Best Robotic Inground Pool Cleaners – Reviews & Comparison
- Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 – Best in its Class Pool Cleaner
- Maytronics Dolphin Automatic Swimming Pool Cleaner
- Dolphin Nautilus CC Vs. Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus
Troubleshooting Aid for Polaris 360
General issues with the functioning of Polaris vac sweep 360 are about the impediment of movement. You can efficiently deal with minor problems with the following tips.
A. Polaris vac sweep 360 is not moving but the pressure seems to be flowing into the unit
- The wheel RPM range is supposed to be at a standard of 32 RPM for proper device movement. So, ensure the wheel RPM is stable.
- Check the wheelbase for any stuck grit or debris.
- You could check for clogs in the water management system.
- Also, if the wheels seem to be spinning too fast or slow, accordingly remove or include the restrictor discs in the wall connector.
B. Polaris 360 is tipping over/floating
- Ensure the debris bag is not filled with large debris.
- This could cause the unit to tip over to one side.
- At times, you will have to wash the debris bag off of any accumulating oils or biofilms that will impede the balance of the device while moving.
- Again, make sure the wheel RPM is stable.
- Check the head float for any water entry. There should be no water in the head float.
C. Polaris 360 is not climbing/goes in circles
- Verify the range of the wheel RPM. For proper climbing direction, ensure the jets are turned to the 11’o clock position.
- The thruster jets are required to be in a direction opposite to that of the direction that the unit is moving in.
- So adjust the thruster jets accordingly to stop the unit from moving in circles
D. Polaris 360 hose gets tangled
- Make sure the swivels are adjusted to spin freely.
- Also, layout the hose in the open under the sun for 24 hours to remove the daily hose memory.
E. Polaris 360 does not back up
- This issue crops up if the Back-up valve is not functioning properly.
- Ensure the three and a half minute cycle of the back-up valve is in order, out of the water, where the cycle turns on and off.
- If there is any divergence from this normal routine, get your back-up valve replaced.
Parts and Accessories of the Polaris Vac-sweep 360
Sand & Filter Debris Replacement Bag – Backup Valve Kit – Feed Hose Replacement Kit – Hose Ball Bearing Swivel – All Purpose Replacement Tire – Replacement Wheel – Sweep Hose Tail Scrubber – Replacement Tune up Kit
Polaris Vac-sweep 360 – Final Verdict
The functionality aspect of Polaris 360 is impeccable, going by customer reviews and obvious reasoning. The advanced technology utilized here offers convenience at your fingertips and the efficiency of cleaning has reached high standards, even within the parent company. This speaks volumes about the genuine services that the pool makers provide to the consumer market.
If you look at the issues associated with Polaris vac sweep 360, most of the border is around either the pricing or after-sales service. Functional parts may be few, but the fact that they utilize high-grade technology to function warrants a little increase in cost.
After-sales service has been lower than the average expectations, especially when the makers are working on supplying handy and reliable products to the Pool market.
Although, it would be wise to note that the durability of even the functioning parts is of good quality. This means all it takes for you to cut down on the extra costs is to ensure regular and religious maintenance of your Polaris 360.
In conclusion, the Consumers do not seem to mind the hike in prices when upgrading to Polaris vac sweep 360, given the ample and dedicated services it furnishes to keep your pool clean and the surrounding ambiance, pleasantly welcoming.