Wouldn’t it be great to slip into your spa after a stressful day at work or after returning from a vacation?
Consider being able to turn on your spa or pool equipment before you arrive at your home.
By using the pool automation system, you can operate your pool equipment, and the spa can be turned on while you are headed home.
Pool owners have been turning to these systems because they are simple, convenient, and help their pools run more efficiently.
They save time by keeping the water sanitized without any effort on the owner’s part!
What is Pool Automation?
Pool automation is the best way to clean and maintain your pool while you do other things.
With the click of a button all the equipment, you use to operate your pool can be maintained and operated by a control panel on the go.
These automated systems are easy to use, so pool owners who want to spend less time at their pools can benefit from them.
Why get a pool automation system?
There are a number of reasons to invest in a Pool Automation System.
Pool automation allows you to control your pool’s water chemicals and temperature all from the comfort of your home or office!
What makes them especially great is that they help you keep your pool clean without having to constantly monitor it!
What parts of the pool can be automated?
Here are a few items that can be automated with a pool automation system:
- Turn the spa on or off
- Operate Pumps and Filters
- Turn the pool heater on or off
- Start Cleaner, Skimmer
- Chemical Dispenser
- Salt Water System
- Valve System
- Fire Pit
- Sound System
- Pool Lighting & Water Feature
How much does pool automation cost?
A pool automation system costs between $1,700 and $4,000, depending on its features.
Pool automation systems are a much-needed component to a full pool setup.
Automated pool systems can be a great addition to control all your pool equipment and accessories.
What does Pool Automation System do?
A pool automation system takes care of all the tasks such as adjusting the pool temperature, chlorinating the water, turning on the lights, heating the hot tub, and cleaning the valves when required.
With an integrated app, you can often manage them right from your smartphone.
What is the best pool automation system?
The Pentair EasyTouch Pool/Spa Control System is one of the best pool automation systems which allows you to automatically control all of your spa and pool’s regular requirements.
Pentair EasyTouch 8 controls high-voltage (120/240V AC) equipment, automatic valve actuators, pumps, lighting, solar heater, heat pump, and IntelliChem salt chlorine generator.
Pool and spa service operations can be controlled manually using the EasyTouch outdoor control panel, indoor control panel, and wireless control panel which can allow automatic control from inside your home or from outside your pool.
You can easily set cleaning schedules and optimize energy for efficiency. Keep your chemicals perfectly balanced, set pool according to your ideal situation with Pentair Pool Automation.Check Price on Amazon
Benefits of a Pool Automation System
- Easier Chemical Adjustments
- Complete Remote Control
- Multi-System Automation
- Reduce utility costs
- Energy-efficient equipment
- During vacations,
- Adjustment for daily and seasonal variations
- During Spa Nights
- During Party
Pentair Pool Automation System (EasyTouch 8)
Pentair’s Pool Automation System seamlessly integrates innovation, style, and convenience for the ultimate automation experience.
EasyTouch Pentair Pool Automation System allows you to control all the activities of your pool equipment and accessories automatically scheduled and controlled when they are needed.
What is included in the box?
- Easy Touch 8SC System for Pool and Spa Combinations (dual bodies of water with one set of equipment)
- IntelliChlor IC40 Cell
- 2 Actuators
- 150 Amp breaker base with space for ten 1″ breakers (Breakers not included)
- Recommended for pools up to 40,000 gallons (IntelliChlor® Chlorine Generator)
Designed to be installed near your pool or spa equipment, EasyTouch is the circuitry and fully programmable control unit for all your pool and spa needs.
- 26 inches high, 17 inches wide, and 5 1/4 inches deep
- Eight-function systems allow separate scheduling for additional features, such as landscape lighting, temperature settings, adjust sanitizer generation, chlorination times, waterfalls, fountains, pumps, and more.
- No more memorizing sequences, opening, and closing valves, or fixing time clocks.
- With the included load center or optional controller, all functions are controlled with a single button.
- A pool’s water stays sparkling clean using electrolytic chlorine generation. An advanced IntelliChlor chlorine generator is part of the Pentair Easy Touch 8 system.
- By incorporating IntelliChlor into your EasyTouch system, you can simplify pool operation and enjoy the silkier, softer feel that only pure chlorine provides.
- With IntelliChlor, pure chlorine is produced in an automatic and convenient manner from plain salt.
Pool and Spa Combo
- With two valve actuators, you can automatically switch between pool and spa when desired.
- Wireless remote control and indoor and spa-side control devices are available for any EasyTouch system, adding even more flexibility and convenience.
- Egg Timer lets you manually turn on the equipment and then program it to automatically shut off after a certain period of time.
- Timers can also be set to control spa jets, the spa, and lighting.
- Depending on your needs, you can either set it to run for 10 seconds or 24 hours.
- Pentair Easy Touch provides built-in diagnostics that detect issues with indicators, microprocessors, sensors, relay outputs, valve outputs, switches, and communication ports.
- This allows for quick troubleshooting and repairs.
UL and CUL Certificate
- UL and CUL approval demonstrate compliance with both Canadian and U.S. safety standards.
- Electric products should not pose risks of fire or electric shock according to UL standards.
- The six technical categories of UL standards are (1) electrical engineering; (2) fire prevention; (3) anti-theft and alarms; (4) heating and air conditioning; (5) injuries and chemical injuries; and (6) shipping engineering.
Pentair Easy Touch 8SC-IC40 System Features:
- ThermalFlo Heat Pump Integration
- Support for 2 VS or 2 VF Pumps
- Supports 8 Feature Circuits
- Includes 125 Amp Breaker Base
- UL and CUL approved
- MagicStream Laminar Support
- Control Panel Lockout
- IntelliBrite Pool and Spa Light Support
- iS10 Spa-Side Remote Support and Control of IntelliFlo Pump
FAQs & Answers
Are salt generators and control valves included in this unit?
Yes. Two actuators and a cell
Do you need to buy Breakers separately or does this come with them?
Relays are installed on the panel but breakers are not included
What is the automation you can perform with this system?
- Heat up your spa or pool
- You can adjust the temperature of your spa or pool
- You can manually turn on the lights and synchronize the colors
- Timer feature
- Schedule equipment start and stop times
- Program your pool or spa
- Pool Pump
- Freeze Protection
- Floor Cleaner
- Automatic pool cleaners
- Waterfall Effects and many more.
Does the salt chlorine generator come with salt?
- Salt is not included.
- The amount of salt you need will vary depending on the size of your pool. Ideally, the salt should be 99.8% sodium chloride.
- The best salts are granulated, evaporated, non-iodized, and food grade.
- You should not use sodium ferrocyanide or calcium chloride.
- Some fittings and finishes on pools are discolored as a result of this.
Does EasyTouch work with home automation systems?
- Home automation systems cannot be integrated into Easy Touch.
- The Pentair Intellitouch is required in conjunction with the Pentair I-Link system to work with home automation.
- I-links connect the home automation system with Intellitouch.
Is Alexa compatible with the Pentair system?
- The Alexa integration is currently under maintenance by Pentair.
Does the ScreenLogic interface work with PCs and Android devices?
- Yes, both can control it.
Can I use my iPhone to control the system while I’m away?
- Sure, you can.
What is the maximum number of valve actuators that can be connected to an easy touch 8?
The EasyTouch panel can connect up to 4 valve actuators.
- There are 2 pools/spa combos connected to the intake and return ports. Two more can be connected to ports A & B.
- The actuators (Intake & Return) in a pool or spa control only the flow between them. The other two valves (A & B) may be used for a separate feature such as a waterfall etc.
What is the maximum number of IntelliFlo pumps that EasyTouch will support?
You can use two IntelliFlo (or IntelliPro) VF or IntelliFlo VS pumps with a maximum of eight GPM or RPM on EasyTouch.
Using EasyTouch, pumps can be connected in the following ways:
- One IntelliFlo VF + One IntelliFlo VS
- Two IntelliFlo VFs
- Two IntelliFlo VS
The Pentair control system was one of the best decisions we have ever made. The addition of the screen touch system has made my wife’s favorite thing about the pool possible. Having the pool ready for a night swim hours before we get home is so nice.
The Pentair smartphone app makes it very easy to adjust temperature and timer settings. Adding relays to the system enabled us to also add pool deck lighting. I can be able to start and stop the pool from anywhere.
Are pool automation systems worth it?
Pool automation systems are worth it because they can save you time and money while keeping your pool clean, safe, and enjoyable.
When it comes to cleaning and maintaining water in your pool or hot tub, Pool automation systems are a convenient and hassle-free option.
By automating and synchronizing equipment scheduling, EasyTouch control systems can improve energy efficiency and equipment performance. The equipment will turn off automatically without using your memory or time clocks, preventing problems and waste.
Pool automation also makes life more convenient for busy people who don’t have all the time in the world to spend & constantly observe at their pools!
If you like the post, please do comment and share your opinion.